drive shafts differences?

An area for technical topics concerning AW10's and AW11's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning AW10's and AW11's. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
blown
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Hawkes Bay
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Anthony

Re: drive shafts differences?

Post by blown »

sure will do mate 8)

blown
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Hawkes Bay
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Anthony

Post by blown »

so just another random request with my ever growing conversion problem I guess I can call it that :lol: so I bought a manual conversion yesterday and it came without the clutch line and the brake pedal, hoping any old 80-90 rolla pedal might work. but bigger problem is the clutch line. I know its possible to make one or perhaps even use a braided line the whole way? but i'd like to keep my mr2 as original as possible sooo was wondering has anyone got a manual aw11 that's still got the clutch line in it. so if someone would be willing to take a few photos of it for me oooor maybe even sell it? (even cut up and shipped would be brilliant) :?

nick.parker
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Christchurch
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Nick

Post by nick.parker »

I have previously run an E58 viscous LSD box in my MR2 with late SW20 Turbo LSD stubs / with half shaft setup supported by the E58 bracket which worked almost perfectly (after a tiny amount of machining more shiny oil seal surface onto the half shaft).

However, I recently got a KAAZ DBT2010 LSD and decided to put it in my old E51 box -- now the SW20 setup I was using is not working for me as the LHS stub is about 15-20mm too long to go into the box. Unfortunately I sold my AW11SC shafts to someone in need years ago.

Don't suppose anyone happens to know the length of the AW11SC stub for the LHS?
9A-GZE - SCREW SUPERCHARGED
My Ride -- SCR3WD!