SC12 Levin v MR2- urgent

An area for technical topics concerning AW10's and AW11's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning AW10's and AW11's. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Millhouse1
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Christchurch
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Jamie

SC12 Levin v MR2- urgent

Post by Millhouse1 »

Hey guys. After a quick response please, as I need to replace the SC on my AW11 (worn bearings) and there is one on Trademe, closing tomorrow morning. The guy says its an SC12 from a Levin. I understand that this is the exact same unit as on an AW11? Same fitment? Bolts, etc will all line up ok? Thanks!

GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Phill

Re: SC12 Levin v MR2- urgent

Post by GDII »

It appears that it does. I don't see why Toyota would make 2 versions for the same engine just because it went into a different car.
An AW11 is a Corolla with the engine in the correct place. Toyota parts bin just like the SW20 being a Celica with the engine in the right place.

https://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref?s=17 ... J=on&mG=on
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/

Millhouse1
Guest of the Club.

Post by Millhouse1 »

Thanks. That link you included seems to confirm this too. Anyone else want to chip in, just to move me from 99% to 100% confident? :D

MR2GUY
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: Cameron

Post by MR2GUY »

I run a late model sc12 on mine, only difference is a smaller clutch pulley, which means more boost, only like 2psi. You may need a different sized belt too.

Millhouse1
Guest of the Club.

Post by Millhouse1 »

Thanks. I'm not sure if the one I bought was an early model SC12 or a later model one. I didn't even realise there were two types. The garage has advised that my supercharger was defnitely on the way out. The pulley and bearings are gone on it. I was very fortunate to be able to lay my hands on a second hand unit, and for a good price. I thought these superchargers were pretty much bullet proof. Hopefully the replacement will last the life of the vehicle.