Will this wheel offset work?

An area for technical topics concerning AW10's and AW11's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning AW10's and AW11's. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Millhouse1
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Christchurch
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Jamie

Will this wheel offset work?

Post by Millhouse1 »

Hey guys. I want to get some wheels with a different offset, to move them out towards the guards as much as possible without them rubbing anything. I am looking at a set which are a 15x7.5 35mm offset. I will be using them with my existing tyres- 185/55 front and 205/50 rear. Do you think these wheels will fit ok? The car is on standard suspension and not lowered. I used an offset guide I found on here that Mickey Duck posted years ago. It tells me that the front (which is what I'm most concerned about) will move out by 29mm and the inner clearance will be 9mm less as a result. Thanks.

Millhouse1
Guest of the Club.

Re: Will this wheel offset work?

Post by Millhouse1 »

Bump

MR2GUY
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: Cameron

Post by MR2GUY »

Should work fine. I have 15x8 +25 on mine. The gaurds were rolled to stop them rubbing on hard cornering as well as a rear sway bar. You should be fine with an extra 13mm or so compared to mine.

Millhouse1
Guest of the Club.

Post by Millhouse1 »

Excellent. Thanks so much. They're getting one in to try out later this week. I think the AW11 looks way better with a wider stance. Incidentally, did you find it affected handling much? Any different? I presume it will in some way.