the supercharger

An area for technical topics concerning AW10's and AW11's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning AW10's and AW11's. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.

do you like the S/C??

yes
75%
no
25%

Total votes: 32

death biscuits

the supercharger

Post by death biscuits »

how about a thread for anyone who would like to give or recieve some insight on the beloved S/C??

hey there, i've got some questions about the s/c will increasing the psi to say 12 blow any off the seals in the 4agze?? and if so, what cani do to stop the seals from blowing

AW11_Chick

Post by AW11_Chick »

Driven Turbos :P
Driven Double Charged :shock:
Owned by the Supercharger :D

i'd never choose to own a turbo :P

Driftin_AW

Post by Driftin_AW »

what twin charged car have you driven AW11_Chick? Not many of them around, and even fewer good ones...

anyway I think the S/C is pretty tame/boring. Mine had an 11-12psi pulley kit, exhaust, intake, and it wasn't all that impressive. They're strong motors though and take turbocharging very well, that is when it would start to become more exciting. A more efficient s/c pumping a decent amount of boost, like 15psi+ could probably make it a lot better, but for the cost involved I'm not sure it would be worth it when there are much cheaper options available (turbo, or 3sgte)

AW11_Chick

Post by AW11_Chick »

Driftin_AW wrote:what twin charged car have you driven AW11_Chick? Not many of them around, and even fewer good ones...
Some rather Frightning European thing :shock: Suicide Machine

death biscuits

Post by death biscuits »

mmm, i think i'll stick wiht the super charger, i like its instantness more than the lag of a turbo ?? not that i ve driven a trubo, but hey,

Cozmo

Post by Cozmo »

turbo... must have money now......

must swap sc12 for t88..... or am i aiming to high? NAHHHH :D uphill in 5th, ill get boost :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh and biscuits, go drive a turbo car :P

graedon

Post by graedon »

Cozmo wrote:uphill in 5th, ill get boost :D
Your car must seriously be screwed bud :P My supercharger kicks in in 5th on an uphill and it works awesomely :D

U should get ur car checked out...

death biscuits

Post by death biscuits »

oh and biscuits, go drive a turbo car
lol, iwuld, if i had one, or if i had amate with one, so yea, r turbos better tahn superchargers?? can you combine a supercharger an a turbocharger??

AW11_Chick

Post by AW11_Chick »

death biscuits wrote:can you combine a supercharger an a turbocharger??
Yup its called Double/Twin Charging.... I'd only recomend it if you have balls of steel thou lol :lol:

graedon

Post by graedon »

AW11_Chick wrote:
death biscuits wrote:can you combine a supercharger an a turbocharger??
Yup its called Double/Twin Charging.... I'd only recomend it if you have balls of steel thou lol :lol:
Its also used a lot on 2 stroke large diesel engines :P

Spinner
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Steve

Post by Spinner »

lol, iwuld, if i had one, or if i had amate with one, so yea, r turbos better tahn superchargers?? can you combine a supercharger an a turbocharger??
Yes, its called twin charging where you have both a supercharger and a turbocharger (or perhaps you have a turbo and an "anti-lag device"). Best of both worlds .... no lag, no parasitic drag at high rpms. Biggest problem is adequately controlling the air flow between two separate air compression, cooling and delivery systems and switching seamlessly between the two at different rpms.

Expensive and complicated ..... that's why no manufacturer routinely produces a twin charged car.

Spinner

Oh, BTW ... drive a turbo car before you pay out on them. They are different to supercharged cars, but ain't necessarily better or worse ... just different.
Some people are like slinkies - they serve no real purpose in life but they always bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Half a bubble off plumb

death biscuits

Post by death biscuits »

ok, cool, tahnks for that, lol, i wanna try 2 do a twin charged car wen i ge th money, could be fun :D

Cozmo

Post by Cozmo »

theres a kit from the states they made, i think it costed close to $6,000USD..

and the kit would only be more expensive now...

plan close to 8k to get it "right"... then double it, coz it always costs more!

Graedon... i was being scarastic.. a T88 turbo would never come on boost on a 4age... maybe on a 1uz, not not a 4age lol

just so ya know:

T88 :D

Spinner
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Steve

Post by Spinner »

a bomb is always handy to have in your pocket, especially if hte cheese come to invade
What a random sig line!

Spinner
Some people are like slinkies - they serve no real purpose in life but they always bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Half a bubble off plumb

death biscuits

Post by death biscuits »

hahahaha lol, why thank you