finally back on the road!

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
lsvtec
Guest of the Club.

finally back on the road!

Post by lsvtec »

well, after 6 or so weeks my gt-s is finally back on the road!

after thinking the HFH or HFHOE was the cause of my water leak and after replacing the little bastards,
it became evident that my waterpump was actually stuffed causing water to trickle out through the weep hole

after sourcing the waterpump it soon became evident that the cambelt and tensioner pulley's were also looking a bit tired

so after sourcing all of that, it turned out that my alternator was actually from a celica or somesuch and i needed a new alternator

luckily lucas was kind enough to go out of his way to source an alternator and to finish off the massive task of fitting all the new parts and getting the car back to it's former glory

also got some sweet lowering springs from another club member and got my el cheapo wheels fixed

some pics:

again, a big thanks to lucas for making a plan!

bring on hampton downs!

Benckj
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Otago
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Jim

Post by Benckj »

Lookin good. Nice job.
Jim Benck
90 rev 1 parts car
98 rev 5 GT- all the mods

Lucas
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Lucas

Post by Lucas »

'n Boer maak a plan :lol:
Workshop Controller Northshore Toyota and Lexus of Northshore
Lexus Certified Diagnostic Technician
MR2OCNZ Technical Moderator

lsvtec
Guest of the Club.

Post by lsvtec »

so after another week off the road after hampton downs, its back once again... hopefully for good this time!

also, a free plug to tere and kahn at BNT glen innes for supplying me with 4 x new rotors (mountain (japanese) and rda (australian)), 2 x sets of mintex std pads & 1L of motul rbf600 all for under $600
and to paul at frank allen glen innes for supplying me with 4 x new hankook rs2 z212's for under $900 :D

kim0663
Guest of the Club.
First name: Joon

Post by kim0663 »

Mmmm

I run those tyres. Pure awesomeness rubbers they are.

They seem to go a bit hard near the end of their life... sadly :lol: they used to be so soft!!!
You Joon Kim
1992 Mr2 GT-S

lorola
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Southland
First name: charlie

Re: finally back on the road!

Post by lorola »

Beautiful condition dude!!! Im very very jelous, ill get there one day!

Redline
Guest of the Club.
First name: Melvin S

Post by Redline »

thinking of doing a mini all white sw20 mini photoshoot/gathering in auckland. u keen? my white g ltd and gt-s plus yours and paulusb and kiwimr2kid and any others that wanna come along

Absolut2
Guest of the Club.
First name: Eddy

Post by Absolut2 »

[quote="Redline"]thinking of doing a mini all white sw20 mini photoshoot/gathering in auckland.

all whites will be bored.. you need 2 candy red to spice things up a lil bit..
1991 Candy Red SW20 - Slow like Turtle