Car hoist 24th of jan

Tyres / rust repairs & bodywork / lubrication etc - please post topics such as these that are not specific to any model of MR2 here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions that don't fit into the more specific areas of the technical section and that may apply to any type of MR2. E.g. tyres, bodywork and rust repairs, lubrication etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
SkweekyEvil
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Jonathan

Car hoist 24th of jan

Post by SkweekyEvil »

Heya guys I have just swapped in coils for my AW11 got cert booked in for this Friday. Unfortunately my mate with a car hoist has bailed on me and I need to find another hoist. Anyone know a friendly mechanic who could spare an hour or so on his car hoist friday the 24th of jan? Would be happy to pay for the pleasure. Cheers guys

SkweekyEvil
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Re: Car hoist 24th of jan

Post by SkweekyEvil »

MR2 is stored out west so west would be best :P but anywhere in auckland would be good

GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Phill

Post by GDII »

Odd question but shouldn't the Cert guy have his own hoist to inspect the car? Unless you need to hoist to do some work before you take it to him.
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/

SkweekyEvil
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by SkweekyEvil »

The guy im using's name is Clint Field. He certed a mates car and has the best price with the qualification to cert suspension. As well as this he was very helpful with questions I have had regarding legality in modifications. He also does call outs which is real helpful if your car isn't road legal. However because I have done a suspension mods I need a hoist and he doesn't have a workshop of his own. Mate said I could use his then said he was busy so I'm left swinging

GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: Phill

Post by GDII »

It's great Clint will do that for his customers. Sorry I can't be of any help to your situation. Good luck to finding a hoist and passing your cert. :D
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/

Mr Shiny
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Manawatu
First name: Brae

Post by Mr Shiny »

If you get desperate enough maybe you could grease up to Lucas at North Shore Toyota? Flick him an email if you do, [email protected]
They seemed a little quiet when I was in there a couple of weeks ago (usually no spare car parks!) & they may have a spare hoist out the back in the shiny workshop where they did the work on my car. All he can say is yes or no, no harm in trying!
“If you think the professionals are expensive, you should see what the amateurs can cost you.”

SkweekyEvil
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by SkweekyEvil »

Problem solved. Thanks guys. Also a thanks to the guys from TTT Auto.