MR2 VENT

Tyres / rust repairs & bodywork / lubrication etc - please post topics such as these that are not specific to any model of MR2 here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions that don't fit into the more specific areas of the technical section and that may apply to any type of MR2. E.g. tyres, bodywork and rust repairs, lubrication etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
buttercup
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Christchurch
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Jan

MR2 VENT

Post by buttercup »

Hi all, does anybody have a spare vent (the one located above the fuel cap) maybe someone is wrecking somewhere, required for my car as SOMEONE took mine while parked on an outing.
I mamanged to get one sent up from a wreckers, but the clips to be able to fit it had been broken off. Anyone have any ideas for me to get a new one please would be most appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my message.
Cheers Jan (Buttercup)

Alsw20
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Al

Re: MR2 VENT

Post by Alsw20 »

Pick A Part has an SW20 there.

buttercup
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by buttercup »

HOW DO I GET TO PICK A PART ?????

GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: Phill

Post by GDII »

No need to yell. He's just trying to help.

Here is the location. Have a quick read of the rules on the website too.
http://www.pickapart.co.nz/locations.asp

Be very careful when you go to remove the one on the car as it is very difficult to remove without breaking said clips just like the one you got to replace it.
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/

Alsw20
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Al

Post by Alsw20 »

I'm going to head down on Monday and see if it's still there for buttercup, I'll try and undo it from the inside that should guarantee no broken clips.

GDII

Post by GDII »

Alsw20 wrote:I'm going to head down on Monday and see if it's still there for buttercup, I'll try and undo it from the inside that should guarantee no broken clips.
Good idea. Some parts just aren't designed to be removed. Good luck. :mrgreen:

buttercup
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by buttercup »

HI guys,just read GD's reply. I wasnt( yelling) when I replied, dont know my way around this site like you guys do. Sorry if I offended anyone. I thought Pick A Park is was a site on here. I am always very appreciative of any help you can all give me when I ask never doubt that. You all have a good day. Many thanks
Cheers Jan (Buttercup)

GDII

Post by GDII »

buttercup wrote:HI guys,just read GD's reply. I wasnt( yelling) when I replied, dont know my way around this site like you guys do. Sorry if I offended anyone. I thought Pick A Park is was a site on here. I am always very appreciative of any help you can all give me when I ask never doubt that. You all have a good day. Many thanks
Cheers Jan (Buttercup)
All good Jan. Full capitals and lots of question marks can mean yelling as text can only express certain ways of talking.

Anyway. If you do have questions we are here to help the best we can. I hope you can get a good condition vent from that car. Pick a part is quite an experience if you haven't been to a wreckers before.

buttercup
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by buttercup »

Hi all, I think I have located a Vent up in Auckland, just waiting to here back. thanks

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

WELCOME TO THE FORUM JAN....! :lol:

There you go, I'm happy to shout that from the roof-tops as I know you're a very proper and polite individual. :D

It's great to see you having another go on our forum. As you can see we have a great bunch of fellas here, very helpful and great to deal with. :D

Please don't be embarrassed or put off by being pulled up on your web etiquette. I'd love to see more of our less net-savvy members get involved on the forum. There are too many club members out there who are apprehensive and I'd love to see that change. This is their club's forum too and they will add to the dynamic if they get involved.

As you can see there are really good people on this forum with great club spirit, always keen to help, as Al's offer of going to the wreckers shows. That's gotta be a great reason for getting involved in the forum and becoming an active part of the club's online community. The more of us are involved the more it benefits all of us.

Phill was just doing what we'd all expect too by asking you to be polite, which is of course what we expect of all our forum users. That's a good thing for all of us and I'm perfectly sure you're all good with that...! :lol: I expect if anything you may have found his remark a bit embarrassing because you simply didn't know how this all works? All good, it's a new thing to you, is all. :wink:

People will read your posts (your comments here) and give them due consideration so don't for a moment imagine capitals are needed in order for your comments to be spotted in-amongst the gazillions of words found here on the forum. The latest thing said anywhere on this beast bubbles to the top for folk to see, so we can always stay current as well as being able to look back on years worth of very valuable info. I reckon both aspects are pretty darned cool. 8)

E.g. try the "New Posts" thing in the "Quick Links" menu at top left, or use the "Advanced Search" from the gear icon at top right. Once you get into it the forum is pretty jolly cool. And once you get to know its active users, it's an absolute gold-mine. :idea:

I do hope you find the part that you're looking for Jan.

Al did you make it to the wreckers mate? How'd you get on?
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

GDII

Post by GDII »

Thanks Charlie.

I didn't mean to offend or embarass anyone, but like Charlie said we do read people's questions and offer to help out where we can. :D

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

All good Phill. Guys like you are an asset to the club mate. Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

buttercup
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by buttercup »

Hi there Charlie, thanks for your message, much appreciated. Will keep trying to find my way around here, would love to know how to get a photo of my car on my profile, can you give me a lesson please,(nothing complicated please) have tried numerous times to no avail. I didnt get the vent I was locating in Auckland, I may have to try and get the one that I got from Ashburton fitted somehow. I may have to turn up at a spanner day down in christchurch at some stage, and get some training, many thanks for your help :o