Why is this archived?

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Michael

Why is this archived?

Post by mknz »

We're posting all events on Facebook as the primary place now because;
- it's where our members are
- helps avoid clashing with other events
- being consistent and save the hassle of dual posting

Feel free to post here still if you want, but you'll get more people turning up if you post in our social FB group

Feel free to message Simon or myself, here or on Facebook if you need a bit of a hand doing that.

Rosscar
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Manawatu
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ross

Re: Why is this archived?

Post by Rosscar »

Some of us dont want to join Facebook so I hope this does not mean the demise of the club website

Benckj
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Otago
First name: Jim

Post by Benckj »

I'm not a FB fan either but unfortunately most people are. The traffic on this forum has consistantly dropped over the years and its only a matter of time before it comes to an end. I take my hat off to our Admin team who manage to keep it going.
Jim Benck
90 rev 1 parts car
98 rev 5 GT- all the mods

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: Michael

Post by mknz »

Rosscar wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:27 am
Some of us dont want to join Facebook so I hope this does not mean the demise of the club website
I get it, but it's become the de facto. You can still post stuff here if you want, just less people will turn up. The club page shares events outside of the groups so it's possible to not sign up and check it every so often.

There's no plans to shutter the website, quite the opposite I only have upgrade plans. The forum is still the better way for people to keep track of MR2s and what's done them, even if it's only for their own sake to remember what they're up to. The forum and website are still have plenty of great knowledge and we get lots of not just NZ traffic, but also international.

We'll save money on hosting the forum where possible without degrading it, e.g. paying up front so we can put a bit more towards more club events.

Benckj
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Otago
First name: Jim

Post by Benckj »

Thanks Michael.
Jim Benck
90 rev 1 parts car
98 rev 5 GT- all the mods