Wellington Day Out - Rain or Shine - 21/08/22

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Olaf

Wellington Day Out - Rain or Shine - 21/08/22

Post by ClanFever »

Hi team, still around even if it seems like I'm not! Have a new job and been pursuing slightly adjusted hobbies etc. Finding a bit less time (read: mental energy) to jump on the Forums or even go to real world events, hopefully that changes but I'm not going to rush it

In any case, I apologise for the lack of notice for this weekends event, I had to slot it in where I could. I have had some ideas in the past for some events, more than just a drive and eat, however that will need to wait until at least November's Welly event. Let's ramp back up and get together for a catch up.

Have lunch/full stomach first

We'll meet at Port Road (down at the corner where the drag racing starts, outside approx. number 83) in Petone, this is as fitting an area as any to meet as plenty of room to park up and chat (if not a bit windy). Be there BY 130pm, I'll try get there about 1pm/1:15pm . We will head off just after 1:30pm to let any stragglers catch up.

We'll head down The Esplanade and get onto the motorway heading towards Wellington. We'll then boot up the motorway towards Johnsonville. Getting off at Johnsonville, either take a sharp left up Fraser Ave or go around and use Moorefield Road - we'll park in my old skid-yard, the Gravel Student Parking for Onslow College opposite Raroa Park for a mini-photoshoot. Backup location if this cannot be used, is at the Johnsonville Railway Station Carpark, closer to the station.

After that, heading north and jumping back on the motorway, we'll go north along Transmission gulley until the Pauatahanui junction, and we'll head around the Bay on the Whitby side (SH58). We'll get to the old SH1 at Paremata and go north, jump off into Plimmerton and go around to Airlie road, taking it back to the old SH1.

At this point, in theory turning right onto old SH1 should be okay now, it isn't something I would have tried to push us through as a convoy in the past, but being it's no longer SH1, it should be quiet and safe enough. Failing that, taking a left up to Pukerua Bay and taking the first right, and doing a 3 point turn down there and coming back South is an option.

Once heading south down the old SH1, we get to Gray's road, we'll turn Left onto that and head to Ground Up Cafe in Pauatahanui for a snack/decaf coffee (or real coffee) and our final point for the day.

I will get everyone's number/share mine before we leave so if you get lost, we can re-orientate. Please ensure you follow our normal run rules and bring your best attitude, it's been too long since we've seen each other! :mrgreen:
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

*84vvt
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Colin

Re: Wellington Day Out - Rain or Shine - 21/08/22

Post by *84vvt »

Keen
If its raining not so keen :-)
Boosted cars are like hot women.
A little edgy, every guy wants one,
some guys can't handle them,
and if you throw a little alcohol in them they'll rock your world.

pbaron
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Pierre

Post by pbaron »

Sorry I won't make this one, cheers
SW20 project car

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
First name: Olaf

Post by ClanFever »

See you guys soon. Grays road is closed and so is Airlie road apparently, we will back track as required
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester